Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Just Want Someone To Listen To Me

From CancerRecovery.org

That’s all I want …
someone to listen to me.
Just listen.
Merely listen.
No advice.
No fixing it.
No judgment.
No telling me not to feel this way.
All that can come later
if it needs to.
But first,
I need to say it.
I just need to let it out
and let it go.
I need the burden to be lifted.
I’m not looking for pity or even complete understanding,
because I know no one can really, totally,
understand
what I am going through.
But I just need an ear,
an ear,
attached to a heart,
filled with a little patience and a lot of
love.
It’s rare,
frustratingly rare,
to find someone who is
strong enough,
open enough,
to hearing me out.
I need someone who
can plunge into the depths with me
and
who won’t blanche
at my rawest emotions.
When I need to speak of
anger,
pain,
fear,
disappointment,
resentment
or
heartbreak.
I need someone who
will just let me say it.
It is in saying it
that much of the
anger,
pain,
fear,
disappointment,
resentment
and
heartbreak
begin to melt away.
It is when someone else
gets it,
gets that I need them
merely to listen,
that I begin to heal.
And then,
yes, then,
I begin to hope.
Again.

Visit CancerRecovery.Org for great resources for cancer patents, family members, care givers and medical professionals >

No comments: